Thursday 13 August 2015

A week away and I need a rest.

So off we went in a chauffeur driven car, how's that?  

The next day I met my great pal Chrissie for lunch in Alfriston, there we sat talking, we covered most topics that need to be covered and it only took four and a half hours.  I haven't seen her in a while.  Lunch was great, then coffee, then tea and cake later.

The next day I took my mother out, we did nails together and I had a pedicure too.  Much needed it was.

The next day David and I went to Veronica's, mother came too plus my sister and elder daughter where we had fabulous fish and chips.

The next day I met Sarah and Fiona for lunch, my two school friends I have known Sarah since I was two and Fiona since I was seven.  We lunch together monthly during the year when I am not away boating.

The next day David and I met elder daughter and SILTB for dinner and it was fabulous at a relatively new fish restaurant in town.  Scallops to die for, the only draw back is they don't serve dessert.

The next day was a wedding.  Severe worries that the dress I was to wear would not fit after a week of outs.... Luckily it did. The food was brilliant, and I had two plates of desserts...



Chocolate moussey ice-cream, lemon cheesecake, mini meringues and fruits.  I had two plates.


Gorgeous  baby I stole from his mother.

The next day was an after wedding party in the marquee in flat shoes and a bigger dress where we had a hog roast.

See I did say we had had a busy week.

The next day we got a lift back to the boat from David's nephew Thomas, he used to fit out narrow boats for Kingsground Narrow Boats on the South Oxford Canal, it was his first chance to have seen WaL and he says its done well, High Praise!!

So we arrived at the boat at about lunchtime and in the early evening Amanda arrived again and a most welcome sight to us Happy Crew as there are a bunch of locks to get done from here.

Supper tonight was Leek risotto served with shavings of parmesan and walnuts.  Lesley taught me this one and its a cracker!!

No comments:

Post a Comment