Sunday 22 April 2018

Hacking off, annoyance and being in heaven.


For no conceivable David wanted to be first up the flight this morning.  There were no other boats waiting either at the top or the bottom apart from us.  

These two photos below taken early by him.  I have to say as official deputy cameraman his efforts are coming along nicely don't you think?



Foxton, if you don't know this flight there are ten locks in a staircase, a break in the middle to pass another boat if necessary, but not today.

They drain overnight.

So here we are at 7:55am getting into position to be assured that no other boat will overtake him




Foxton Basin.

Two adorable volunteers were there to help, I urged Fraser and David to conserve their energies to last until 2pm, but between us we did the flight in 43mins.

Me in one of those playful moods I mentioned.

So after David had scrubbed the other side of the cratch cover bring both sides in matching black we set off again for my favourite place on the entire system, The Laughton Hills.  I am pleased to say that someone kind has been doing some much needed trimming back or in this case thorough hacking.






Now for some farming news;

These brown marks are due to the ground lying wet and will be plenty to really annoy the farmer....




as do this pair and the thousands like them.  




Ooooo arty shot.

David swerved for me to get that photo above....

I guess it was about 4:30pm when we arrived here with NO OTHER BOATS to share it with (Not that I'm anti social) It was a bit late to put the chairs out but we laid in the cratch


Oh yes we can easy sleep in a cratch.



He woke, my oh my what a place to rest at.

Supper was made by mankind, a smorgasbord of delights to empty the fridge, avocado, mozzarella, capriccio of beef, tomatoes, basil and rocket.





I finished my book.  I say that for all men who feel they don't understand women to read this book!  David says he DOES understand women so won't be.  
Brave words.






Now this is why I love it here.  Add to it the water voles, otters although as of 2018 unseen by me here and the buzzards you get a flavour.





2 comments:

  1. The last shot and the arty one are fab Lisa.
    Cheers
    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ade,
    Nice to hear form you again. Thank you for the compliments.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete