Monday 8 October 2018

Wedding Bells, grilled octopus and sandy feet.

Well Reader, it seems like ages since we were on the Thames and then the South Oxford canal, in that time we had a wedding and then a nice long spell in Italy. 

We booked Italy way back in April, the idea was to extend the summer.  Last summer I had felt cheated out of warm sun, well until we had that little sojourn to Antigua house-sitting and caring for two little doggies and a parrot, now that was good fun, but who could have known that this summer would have turned out to be a scorcher and that the last thing we needed was an Indian summer...

So in ten days or so we are coming up to the boat to have a few days onboard pottering then put her to bed for a while, if the weather is dry then maybe another jaunt in the months to come.

But I just wondered if you'd like to see a few holiday snaps?  If yes, then scroll down, if no, then see you next time. 



Off to the Registry Office

Now this Bride has very strong views on a few subjects, one of them was why a Bride has to put her fathers occupation on the official forms, she is currently in correspondence with her MP and the Home Office on that one.  The other annoyance was that your father walks you down the aisle, so she invited us both to.



Sadly it was me that trod on her hem.



The wee cute flower girl had a starring role.



This is Leon (other son-in-law) sorting out David's tie.

This is my lovely sister and lovely mum


So about four days later we hopped on the plane and arrived in Italy, southern Italy, extra hot!



David swam here as I had a cold to start with, of course he came down very early when no one there.

Truillies, funny round Hobbit Houses made from the rocks in the fields, cleared so they could plant.

Typical lanes in all the Historical Centres, we got lost constantly.

So we called into an out of the way town, there amazingly out of the blue was an exhibition of Picasso's ceramics.  I was thrilled to go, (David wasn't and had a coffee instead), 
but almost all these pieces were from private collections, so such an opportunity to view.  Anyone wanting to see the other photos of the work just let me know, I have lots of photos.  
They were stunning.




"Jug with four faces"

So we saw quite a few of these adorable Fiat 500's, on the street where we stayed there seemed to be a different one each day.  I have submitted a request for one, I had wanted a yellow Mini Cooper but have changed my mind.  I shall have to see what colours Fiat do.
Is anyone able to age these little beauties out there....?








Ooooooooooooo Fabulous, I don't want white though.




Longs sessions on the beaches.

Then she turned up, this is our youngest, the one married to the Kiwi.



I'm missing days like this.

So there you have it Reader, normal service will be resumed, weather permitting, next week or so.  If it's pouring I may not go.





4 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you back. A Fiat 500 is on my Wishlist too, as soon as I can manage with only a two door car - they come in wonderful pastel colours too!
    Have I missed something - grilled octopus??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julielynne,
      You are so right, I will edit if I can find the photos, quite amusing one night a table of four Italians next to us all ordered this, it comes on a plate kinda upside down with all the suckers showing, I wasn't sure, but David ordered it, and it was absolutely delicious.

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Nice to have an unexpected catch up.
    An enjoyable read a fab family you have.
    Cheers
    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ade,
    Thank you Ade for your kind words. It was a great holiday thanks, the food the wine and the sunshine are particularly good in Italy and I'd certainly like to go back. But we did feel we missed out on boating a bit. Looking forward to being back onboard very soon now.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete