Saturday 12 October 2019

Celebrations

So Frequent Flyers to this blog will know that I have been banging on about expected Grandchildren.
We have three daughters and two of them divulged last christmas that we were to become grandparents.  In fact as the weeks proceeded the doctors gave us the news that both babies were due on the exact same day.

David & I had considered putting money on them being born the same day and making a killing but we never quite got around to it.   The due date came and went and five days  afterwards baby Luca arrived weighing in at 8lbs, a son to Felicity and Leon then five days later baby Freya, daughter to Koo and Bob made her entrance into the world weighing in at 8lbs 3oz.


After a bumpy start to their young lives, nothing too worrying except to their maternal Grandma, they are both doing very well.


I see them both a lot and they are kissed relentlessly.  


Its quite nice in the mornings now when I wake, I don't trawl though the newspaper and social media now, I scroll though my photos and gaze at them both.


I can completely see how children grow up fearing Grandparental kisses.  I fear I shall not stop.



So boating.  Well it seems a very very long time ago now that we were on WaL, or even on the Thames in George and Carol's ship Still Rockin'.  But after David has enjoyed his sojourn to Florida playing golf....  Fingers crossed that the weather and babies are fine then we plan some days on WaL. 


But until then here are a few photos of new members of the family, I have many more, email me if you would like to see them all.



My mother holding her 6th Great Grandchild Luca.

My mother holding her 7th Great Grandchild Freya


Happy times ahead.


     

11 comments:

  1. Grandchildren are the best! Congratulations.
    Kath (nb Herbie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely news, Lisa and David!
    As my dad said, if he'd known grandkids were so much fun, he'd have had them first!
    Big hugs, M&D xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      I've heard that said before! Thank you for your good wishes, over the jet-lag yet?

      Lisa & David

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to have two grandchildren at almost the same times. Many congratulations, they are both gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene, I feel I have never been so busy and so happy to be busy!

      Lisa

      Delete
  4. Many congratulations to the new grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we've waited a while, my mother was only 48 when she first became a Grandma, but there you go.

      Lisa

      Delete
  5. They are gorgeous ! I have five now and one is a Freya. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete