Thursday 19 April 2018

Two days and then winter again.....?

I have to tell you here and now I hate the weather men.  I shall be writing a stern letter of complaint too.   I have been PROMISED a fantastic week of hot sunshine, we've had two days and the little blighters have massively back tracked and now we have thunder and god knows what else to look forward to.

So in light of this shocking news, we went cruising..... half an hour northwards to the turny place and half an hour back again to our same spot.  We've only seen a handful of boats passing for the two days we've been here.  A lovely place to hide.

A snatched photo of my phone of what I think is Blackthorn coming into bloom along this section.  Hopefully Kath from NB Herbie, who is my official wild plant consultant is still reading this and can help out again this year......?  
Are you there Kath? 


Flowers before leaves appear, sorry but a bit out of focus.


We polished the other side of WaL and without much ado got out the good books, sun chairs and sun hats.  I was determined not to miss our "Two fine days and a thunderstorm".

This morning as I was idling I saw this what I think is an Anaconda, it came from the reeds, tried to get past WaL and I scampered after it with camera.


There it goes, oh god the gunnels want painting.

It returned to the reeds and disappeared, I love wildlife but not sure I include snakes, rats and bats in this.

Hawthorne I think, flowers after its leaves appear.


Supper was Moroccan lamb burgers with salad and a glass of a very cheeky French Savingnon Blanc in the sun.  
Heavenly.

David says this could be the last lovely day until July.







1 comment:

  1. Well spotted with the snake. Are we getting pictures of shiny boat? I do like to make sure you are looking after it.

    ReplyDelete