Monday 22 July 2019

Day 2 and 3 on WB SR

So Reader a bit boringly for some, but David and I have thoroughly enjoyed being on Widebeam Still Rockin' and we haven't moved.  Its been a lovely holiday.  

So the first day we didn't really do much, it was David's birthday too, it poured with rain on and off for the entire day so we both just snuggled down.  But as he said to a daughter who called up, he had great food, great wine and a great book.  

(Remember Reader won't you that we had celebrated his birthday with all the family last weekend).  He has taken a leaf out of my book and now celebrates a 'Birthday Week' by going to Wimbledon with another daughter as well, I don't bother with Wimbledon, I much prefer my own TV with action replays,  my own toilet and my own tea,  but since this is now the case I now am planning a 'Birthday Month' next year.

The next day we went a walking.  A great improvement in the weather.  We followed a path which led to another and well just look at all these wild flowers.  



Teasel I think.

Saw this across the way, reminded me of something...

I was pleased that 'The Roses' won the gold medal at Netball at the World Cup, and even more pleased that New Zealand beat Australia in the final.


Thank you Lesley for your good wishes!  I am working on my anxiety levels.  I have a bit more work to do.

Sue, David says "Alright thanks"  It was a bit hairy just coming out of the first lock as a Rookie is grappling with the steering wheel, turning madly in both directions and nothing good happening....  Sorry that was my nightmare last night, no David is quietly confident, he has driven all manner of tractors and wagons plus some big lorries too but as I said we are going slowly and carefully.
He asked me if I wanted to drive while he popped down to make the coffee, I FLED SCREAMING.

Hello Caroline and Martin, its certainly different.  But as the sun shone all was wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment