Wednesday 26 June 2019

Diet starts tomorrow.....

David had been invited out for a days golf with Nick, our soon-in-law's dad.  He was up bright and early getting his kit together and then was gone, picked up from the car park here leaving me an afternoon which I was pleased to say to spend alone, some shopping may have been involved too.

I took the car to Kidderminster, I even found the main shopping centre that the canal goes right past.

I enjoyed a walk around, followed my nose, getting lost and asking for help back to the car again.  I filled a basket in the M&S food department and eventually departed for Wolverley.

Googlemaps took me passed the Rose Theatre on the outskirts of Kidderminster and I saw that there was a production of The Vicar of Dibley on this week.  When I got back to WaL I went online to see if I could get tickets but alas, a sell out, which is marvellous for the theatre.

Not long after I returned I had a phone call from David to say get ready quickly as Nick was picking us up to take out to dinner.
Oh my what a fabulous place too.  Five miles away from the  canal at Iverley, The Crown.

We over ordered, the food was delicious and plentiful.  I had shared a platter, well okay I had shared two platters with David and Nick, one with meat and olives and the other with spring duck rolls.  Followed by Special Fish pie, and then homemade sorbet, raspberry and mango.

A lovely day and tremendous food at the end of it.  I have to say I really do like The Black Country, I could retire here.

Driven back to Wolverley, we thanked our taxi driver and waddled down the tow path. 





No comments:

Post a Comment